NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
NEET 2017 Notification
Reason for NEET Notification Delay:
Every year NEET application releases in the first week of December. But this year it is being delayed. Language barrier must be a reason for that. As per CBSE, NEET 2017 exam will be held in 8 different languages like Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese and Bengali. Candidates belonging to these territories are demanding the NEET syllabus and other study material in their prescribed language. Due to unavailability of syllabus and other stuff in these languages, CBSE is considering this matter seriously and taking time for that. CBSE is about to decide this issue shortly for providing the application form notification.
What is New in NEET 2017?
- Candidates may attempt NEET exam only 3 times until cross the maximum age limit as 25 years for general and 30 years for reserved categories. Check Details.
- As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017 (except AIIMS & JIPMER). All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
- NEET 2017 can be written in 8 regional languages including English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
- All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of NEET 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for NEET 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be. Click here to Check details.
- Application fee can be paid through Paytm also.
NEET 2017 Exam Dates
NEET Application form will be released in January 2017. Candidates are suggested to stay tuned with us for latest updates about NEET exam.
|NEET 2017 Notification||January 2017
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||February 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee)||February 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||February 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||February 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||First week of April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||7th May 2017|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Attempts: Candidates may attempt the exam only 3 times untill cross the maximum age limit.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
You can check detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017 here.